Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Valeska's 1st grade graduation/SIL's B-day/37 weeks!!

Today I was a hormonal, over-emotional, crying mom today. My baby girl had her 1st grade award and graduation ceremony. Besides the fact that there were a ton of really annoying parents, I was in a ton of pain and hungry like a mofo and I couldn't stop being emotional, it was beautiful. She got her A/B honor roll trophy (should have been all A honor roll but one quarter she got a B in phys ed. Really Valeska? In phys ed?), certificate of completion for 1st grade and a creative writing certificate. Freddy and I are both extremely proud and beaming parents.

It is bittersweet though. I don't want my baby growing up so fast. She will be in 2nd grade next year and that to me is just too darn big. *sigh*  I am going to miss her teacher Mrs. O. She believed in my daughter and helped her get into the Gifted and Talented program at school. Her counselor helped her through her depression rough spot (see previous post) and let Valeska know that her feelings are ok.


Today also happens to be my sister-in-law Celestes birthday. I never had the chance to meet her since she was killed by a drunk driver when she was 15 years old (we were born the same year just 2 days apart). I am sad that I never did get to meet her but I still love her as if we were the best of friends. So I would like to say, "Happy Birthday Celeste".  To Freddy's family, I hope you find a quiet comfort today.

We are now, FULL TERM!!! Woohoo!! I have made it to the 37 week mark without killing anyone. I am very happy about this. Unfortunately I am in a lot of pain today and my left leg is getting worse. Tomorrow I will talk to the doctor about setting my c/s date. I just need to try and make it through today at work. I am not sure how, but I need to at least try.

Last night while watching a movie, Freddy scoots closer to me and gives me "that" look. I instantly think "oh hell no".  And then he says, "why don't we go to the bedroom and see if we can't get those contractions started".  I laughed so hard. He knows exactly what to say to sweep a pregnant woman off her swollen feet.

The bad part, the desired result, did not happen. *sigh*

Yesterday going into Walgreens I was asked by a man if I was having twins. I of course replied with a no and he shook his head in utter disbelief. As if I couldn't be as big as I am and wobble as much as I do with just a singleton. Mind you, this man also had a baby and was facing him front ways in his car seat in the car!!

Then today at  Valeska's school I was asked if it was any day now. Freddy and I both replied with, "in a couple of weeks".  The man just kind of laughed.  I guess my size and wobble (from the PSD) makes me look like I am going to drop this kid any minute. The funny thing is, men will be very courteous and kind and move out of the way, but other women just kind of shove me to the side and expect me to move out of their way. Stupid El Pasoans.

Wish me luck at work today.

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy Seka! I can't even imagine how I'm going to be/react once Creedyn is in school. =/ I'm sorry you're having a rough day with the SPD! I hope the doctor can tell you what you want to hear tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete