Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Fun

Today I FINALLY got to spend some time with my BFF. She was having a bbq swimming party with her husband and another family from a church that they attend. Valeska is friends with their little girl so it was perfect timing since she has been a little bored at home.


It was great being able to spend time with her. I love whenever we get to hang out but unfortunately it isn't very often due to both of our very busy and conflicting schedules. She helps keep me grounded and the fact that she is even more crunchy than I am makes me admire her.

Valeska had a great time swimming with Naomi. They were playing mermaids. They wanted the adults to play "pirates" with them but none of us were brave enough to go into the freezing pool. Instead we stayed in the hot tub that was set at 85 degrees. It was DIVINE. I got to just float and take the weight of the baby off of my hips, back, pubic bone, and ribs. He seemed to really like it too. He was moving around gently and for the first time in a while, I got to really enjoy his movements. Then, I had to get out. All good things must come to an end I suppose. The pain instantly hit. Back to my grim reality. The reprieve was delightful and I will be sure to hang out there as much as I possibly can until he makes his debut.

After a while it was time to come home. I then got to see my other friend who moved to Arizona 6 months ago and her baby boy. We enjoyed an O'Douls while her baby boy enjoyed Dacian's swing. We couldn't visit for too long but it was wonderful while she was here.

Now, here I sit writing this blog enjoying a bowl of cereal for dinner wondering how I am going to survive  the rest of the week with so many appointments, awards ceremonies, work and errands.  I suppose I should just take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment