Monday, May 16, 2011

Hormonal me at the hospital

Today Freddy and I went to the hospital today to preregister and to take another tour of the Labor and Delivery ward. When we originally did the tour the lady had taken us a backdoor kind of way and it confused the heck out of us. Neither of us knew where we were or how to even get to L&D. lol. She had told us to preregister a month prior to my due date. So, today we went. We did find out that we are to register the day I am admitted. Um, ok. So Freddy and I are supposed to fill out paperwork while I am having contractions? If you say so.

While we were waiting for the nurse to give us our tour I started balling. Reality set in and set it in major for both Freddy and I. I wasn't crying because I am scared of labor but because there is going to be another member of our family here very soon. I was slapped upside the head with a huge dose of reality.  I was crying because I am scared, excited, worried, happy, anxious and overwhelmed all at the same time.  Freddy seemed to be on the same wavelength.  I think we were just going through the motions of getting everything ready and not really putting any emotional attachment to it. It was more like a business transaction.  Now there is serious emotional attachment to him/this. Dacian isn't just something we talk about but now someone we "feel" about.  After 7 years of having our lives in a certain pattern and routine we are now having to adjust that. It was a very overwhelming thing all at once. Also, it has been 12 1/2 half years since I have actually been in labor so that there is very, um...................scary. lol

Anyway, we were given another tour. This time with a very nice nurse who moved nice and slow for me because of my SPD. She answered all of my questions and all of the answers were exactly what I was hoping for. They do immediate skin to skin contact and promote immediate latch on for breastfeeding, the pediatrician on duty is likely to agree to delayed cord clamping, i get to eat while in labor upon doctors orders even if it is a liquid diet. She also said that they are known for being extremely VBAC supportive and boast a very high VBAC success rate. That made me very happy.

I have been having more and more braxton hicks contractions that are getting stronger and longer. Dacian is dropping little by little. I got my pilates ball to hopefully bounce on here and there to help him drop and engage. I do hope by June 10th he is here.

My SPD has been acting up really bad the past few days and I am not sure how much longer I can keep working. I am hoping to make to June 4th and from there hopefully I can take off and just wait. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment