Wednesday, April 20, 2011

31 weeks

Today I am 31 weeks pregnant. It seems like FOREVER to get to this point. Had a great doctor's appointment today. We made the final decision to go for a VBAC. This is the best option for me. I don't see any reason this can't be successful. I am happy yet scared at the same time. Though I am not sure (honestly) which scares me more. A VBAC or a repeat C/S.

I am officially up 25lbs. This is freaking me out. I know that normal weight gain is 25 to 35lbs but with my body issues this is just too much for me to take in. I feel like a baby hippo but oh well. I actually feel pretty good today. I bought 2 new non-maternity dresses that I think looks really cute. It made me feel feminine.

Freddy has been so wonderful. He really is trying to make an effort to make me laugh more. He is doing a great job. Today at the doctor's office there was a picture of the female anatomy. There was one part above the ovum that he said look like a snake. He proceeds to say "so the snake looking thing bites the ovary when it is time to ovulate?" and "So the egg has to travel THAT far to get to the uterus?". I couldn't stop laughing. It made me wonder how big he thinks our stuff is. Then he talks about the wild vaginas with teeth from "The Wall".  Yep ladies and gents, this is my husband. Why you ask? I will update you when I figure this out myself.

The cloud of doom and gloom still follows me. I talked to my doctor more about it and she thinks that I might be dealing with bi-polar disorder and suggested I talk about my highs as well as my lows with my therapist. This scares me. My mother is bi-polar. I know what this can do to a person. I know how the highs can be just as dangerous as the lows. This will be interesting to find out.

I am doing better the past few days. I am not AS emotional but the mood swings are definately in full swing. I can be great one moment and the next I am overly pissed over something completely stupid. Then, I am fine. It sucks. I also haven't slept good at all. I think the next few days off of work will be nice.

Great news!! My nephew Conrad Mathias was born this morning!!!! He is a 4/20 baby. I am so extremely for my SIL and BIL. This is their first child. I feel like I really get to be an aunt now. Not that I wasn't before with my other neices and nephews but this is the first nephew born since I have been with Freddy. I can't wait to see and cuddle him.

Here is my 31 week pic oh yeah and with my new hair cut:

3 comments:

  1. glad you are feeling a little better. You really do look great and NOT like a baby hippo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe thanks. I think it is more the waddle that makes me feel that way. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with April... I think you look great! And I'm loving the new hair cut! I bet it feels wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete