Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Major Life Trials

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. The fates have decided that the EcoGothFamily was doing too good and had to throw a wrench into our daily routine.

2 weeks ago our washing machine decided that it wanted to die on us. This is a very sucky situation for someone who cloth diapers. It wouldn't have been such a big deal because there are 2 laundromats right by us and to wash a load is only $.99. Since we line dry it would only take about 30 minutes every 2 days for us to do this, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, Bertha (our '03 Buick Century) thought it would be a good time for a new engine. Seriously?! My washing machine AND car die within 2 days of each other?


We ended up walking 3 times to the laundromat to wash clothes and diapers. Though it was great spending time together as a family, getting excersize and whatnot, in this heat and after a long day it just got to be too much.

Then a couple days after that I got laid off from work. UGH! What else could go wrong? I only worked part time for very little wage as it was anyway but it was enough to help with the bills. Now I don't even have that. Can I break down now? All of this is enough to make anyone go postal, but, I stayed surprisingly calm (so far).

A friend just bought a new washer so she offered her old one to us. YES!! We found someone with a truck and Freddy went and picked it up. It is older but works great for what we need. It is smaller so I am actually using less water and less energy so this is a big win for us.

Bertha did end up getting a new engine, water pump and other little things for the grand tune of $1300.  We had to borrow the money but at least we got her fixed. This better be the last of things she needs for a while because she is one expensive piece of machinery.

As for the job situation, I kind of was ripped out of retirement. That's right. I am teaching dance again. I am not anywhere near healed enough (which was obvious by yesterday's first class) but I do what I need to do. I will be teaching 3 classes a week at 2 different studios starting in September. Hopefully this will be enough to make up what I am out with being laid off. 

Now, that we are on even MORE of a budget than usual, expect more money saving tips from me. I should be posting recipe ideas (since going out to eat is a no go for quite a while), cleaning suggestions, couponing ideas and more.

Hopefully (please Goddess please!) this will be enough of our problems for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment