Tuesday, November 22, 2011

weened from the pump

After 5 months of exclusively pumping breastmilk for my son, i have finally weened off of it. Dacian is now exclusively breastfed and is doing great. I was having a hard time keeping my very rigid pumping schedule and it hurt my supply. I am back up and have been able to comfortably nurse in public and at Hueco Tanks State Park during a family photoshoot.

I worked diligently to make sure i provide my son with breastmilk. With a very high palate he was not able to latch without hurting me for 3 months. Then we had issues with biting and pulling. Now we have a perfect nursing relationship. Without my breast pump we would not be here today. I hope to inspire more moms to try and overcome their latch issues and develope a magical nursing relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment