Sunday, February 27, 2011

Quiet Sunday

Sunday's are my lazy day. That is if you count cleaning the house top to bottom, average of 3-5 loads of laundry and a miriad of DIY projects lazy. But, today truely is a lazy day. I got all the cleaning done and it is much too windy to think about sanding down the baby's dresser. So I have been contemplating how to decorate a very large wall in my house. I want a vintage/modern/ecochic/goth look. Yeah, I know. WTH? and how in the world could you incorporate all of that?

Well, that is the exact question I have been posing to myself for a long time. I don't have a large budget to play with and nor do I want the project to take a long time to do (as in "we are in the process of redecorating 2 years later). I also don't want what everyone else has. In other words I want this to be completely unique.

On this nice relaxing Sunday, blissfully listening to the Cocteau Twins I figured it out. I can't post my own pics yet as I haven't started (though I promise many pics will be posted) so I will try to explain this the best I can.

I have vaulted ceilings in my townhouse. 2 story vaulted to be exact. The wall I am wanting to decorate is about 21 feet long and 2 stories high.  This is the wall behind my couch.  I have decided that I want 2 real tree branches with no leaves on it, something like this:

but painted black to frame up and around the couch. In between and possible around I want different types and sizes of empty picture frames painted black and silver. This is the inspiration for that.
I do have a wonderful black/white/silver clock that Freddy bought a while back that will be the center piece. I might even incoprate in some random frames some of my cemetary photography. 

I am excited to start this project. It wont take a lot of time, upcycles old or unused frames, uses natural materials, has a psuedo vintage yet modern look and due to the "death/life" theme it makes it "goth".  Now, just to get it all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment